Tuesday, February 22, 2005


Here are some more sketches from Obsession. These are some very very quick and very loose ones I did before starting on the first issue. It's meant to just give me an idea of how I want things to look before going tighter with the designs.

The two main characters I had to work on were Obi-Wan's disguise and the new character, Xist. Xist is at the top and was describes as being pretty huge. He's not the typical Falleen make that we've seen.

Obi-Wan is in the middle and his helmet/mask was basically a welder's face shield and two breathing filters on the side. As most people already realized I based his costume a lot on the Clone Wars cartoon version. His torso area is meant to be modified clone armor. We wanted to hide his lightsaber in the first few pages so people wouldn't know it was him right away.

The rest is just a bunch of swamp rats or thugs that Obi-Wan would eventually meet in that issue.Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading Obsession, any way to buy some of ur sketch plz?

u can contact me at skylover@fanforce.net

thx :-)

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Xist, he's just so bulky, yet smooth.

The artwork in Obsession has been sublime.

Thank you, Brian

3:55 PM  
Blogger BrianChing said...

skylover-- I don't have any sketches for sale right now. Come by the San Diego Con this summer and I'll do one for you for free,
okay?


kenlin-- Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that the villain, Shan-Yu(?), from Mulan was based on Karl Malone. I sort of went the same route with the super thick limbs and neck. I love that fact that although he is so quick and agile despite being twice as big as Obi-Wan.

2:39 AM  
Blogger David said...

Hey I like your sketches - very clear and detailed yet loose at the same time. Very inspiring work!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home