Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Maggie


I did this sketch for a collector last week-- it's Top Cow's the Magdalena. I haven't drawn her (or anything like her) in years and I have to say it was a lot of fun. She's a little more sexy and a bit more busty than the women of Star Wars-- I'm not saying that's better or anything but it's nice to have change every so often.

Anyway, my first step was to come up with a gesture I liked in pencil. What I thought would take about 10-20 min ended up taking over an hour to keep reworking the pose (hey, I'm rusty at drawing her!) . Finally, I settled on this pose with the head slightly tilted away from the body and the left leg coming in front of the right. After that it was just making sure the face came out right--which might be the most important thing when drawing pretty women. The rest is finished off in pen and markers.


-Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home