Saturday, September 09, 2006

Cap'n Jack


This was the busiest last few months of my year and yet I still managed to fit in a commission piece (patting myself on the back) ! Here's Captain Jack Sparrow on an 11 x17 bristol. I thought he was going to be pretty easy to draw since he's so easily identifiable and I could easily picture him in my head...nope, this turned out to be on of the toughest commission pieces I've done. I looked at a few pics of him online and for some reason, I really struggled with what his gear looked like (hey sometimes that stuff is hard to make out when it's in shadow). In the end, I think he came out okay.


-B

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that is fantastic. I'm not a #1 Super Fan of the character, but this is one of my favorite things I've seen of yours. Good job!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!!! A rather serious and forebodng Cap'n Jack (which he can be at times, usually unexpectedly, so it's fun to see that emphasized a bit), and I love the juxtaposition of his skull in the background, complete with beads.

Looks like you got his "effects" right from what I can see, at least. Isn't finding useful photoreference a big fat pain, sometimes?

- Carolyn

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Bryson said...

Hi great rreading your blog

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home