Friday, October 16, 2009

Cheers




As many SW comic fans know by now, Knights of the Old Republic is ending at issue #50. Some one over at Dark Horse made the announcement earlier this week. I know it's going to be sad for some people-- after all, we've lived with these characters for nearly 4 years now. But I don't actually see the end as a bad thing. I think that stories should have an end, that all series should be finite. Our characters deserve stories that aren't re-hashed ideas where we're just trying to fill 22 pages every month.

I was fortunate enough to have started the series, designed most of the characters, vehicles, etc., and hopefully evolved as a storyteller during my time on KotOR. I may not have drawn all the issues but I always felt like Zayne and co. were my babies. Actually I think the 4 of us all felt this way-- Jeremy Barlow, Mike Atiyeh, and of course JJM (who has spent more time with these characters than anyone!).

I finished isse #49 earlier today and hope you guys don't mind me sharing a little teaser with you.









On to #50!


-Brian

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian,

KotOR will be missed and I am glad to know you will be doing the art on the final issue. I also hope that KotOR #50 isn't you last art for the Star Wars books.

Cory

Corman on various Star Wars forums (Yakface, Rebelscum, SWAN, Jedi Defender and Galactic Hunter)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Mike McMahon said...

Sad to see "Knights" be over with but I'm glad to see that you get to send it off in style since you were there when it began.

I always enjoyed you're issues and also hope to see ya on another Star Wars book in the future

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps Zayne will return later in a different comic? I think I nearly cried when I saw the announcement. I hope you do more books in the future, too! I've always enjoyed your art. Especially Zayne's expression when he's about to crash into something.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Rezan said...

Excelent Work in all the 50 issues.

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Amit.r said...

Sad to see the KotOR series over, Will be hoping to see more of your art soon (:

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian! You will go down in the Star Wars history books as one of the best. Thanks for bringing to life the far away galaxy and letting us see stuff from an even longer time ago.

But even more thanks for sharing insider stuff on this blog and communicating with us yer fans!
I still didnt blag that cameo though did I lol.
Jamie G

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Dayton Allen said...

Brian, thanks for providing your talents to such a great series of characters and environments that exist in KOTOR, as well as inspiring me in my hobby to capture these fabulous characters in sculpted form. Your style is unique and helped make KOTOR a success! I hope to see your work in future star wars series!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comic was my favorite Star Wars story since the OT. Well done. I LOVE your art work.

8:56 AM  
Blogger DaleSabers said...

Brian it's been a pleasure seeing your start and finish these series. I've collected all the individual issues and even had my first costume done up as Zayne Carrick.

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you at a convention in the near future.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh this is a shame. I only hope they replace kotor with something as good. Something with you drawing it hopefully

6:19 PM  
Blogger Rosanna P. Brost said...

I just started reading KOTOR and already, your art is a huge new inspiration for me. I have never read a Star Wars comic more engaging than this one or with more instantly lovable characters. As a person who has never played the game, I think this says something - without knowing any back story, I have fallen head over heels for Zayne and the cast. BRAVO! I'll be very sad when I eventually arrive at #50.

I hope you draw more comics for Star Wars again! KOTOR is just so much fun to read and look at. Thanks for creating such an awesome comic!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home